Are you planning a visit to a major city like Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., New York City, San Francisco or an out-of-the-way town in the near future? Inspire your creative art side, improve your art knowledge and visit an art gallery to get your imagination and creative juices flowing. To help you out we have come up with a list of 5 galleries you should visit in united states.
Art galleries are filled with masterpieces and exhibits of custom art or amazing high-quality canvas prints that will have you longing to get out your sketchbook and create a masterpiece you can turn into a piece of art for your own space.
Also Read: Project Spotlight – Custom Art For Soy Sushi Bar & Grill
You may have a gallery you long to visit, but here are a few examples to give you an idea when traveling across the U.S.
- Los Angeles’ newest contemporary art gallery/museum, The Broad, houses Eli and Edythe Board’s private collection of 2,000 works of modern art. The gallery itself is breathtaking with over 300 skylights that might give you the perfect ambiance to look at works of art from Andy Warhol, Julie Mehretu, Jeff Koons and Ed Ruscha. You will need to pay extra if you want to spend a minute in Yayoi Kusama’s spectacular Infinity Mirrored Room-The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away. It’s well worth the price of the ticket to transcend your artsy side into a mind-blowing experience.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
- A personal favorite is the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, just in front of Central Park on Fifth Avenue. It takes days to go through the ten wings on the first floor where you will be dazzled by the America Wing, Egyptian Art, plus Greek and Roman Art. Stand in front of El Greco’s, View of Toledo (unknown date) that had a major influence on 20th-century cubism and expressionism. Goya’s Manuel Osorio Manrique de Zuniga, 1787-88 has been reproduced in amazing canvas prints for homes styled in the ’50s. Seeing the real painting would be awe-inspiring.
- Everyone has heard of the Guggenheim, and Frank Lloyd Wright’s spiral building is as incredible as the treasures inside the gallery. Impressive paintings by Klee, Chagall, Picasso, and Kandinsky furnish the museum. If this art gallery doesn’t inspire you to paint or draw something wonderful, nothing will.
The Getty Center
- The Getty Center in California sits on top of a hill and stands against a backdrop of green hills. The Getty Center’s art gallery is divided by time periods and houses an impressive grouping of Renaissance paintings plus 20th-century American photography.
The Art Institute of Chicago
- Known as a spectacular art school, The Art Institute of Chicago, founded in 1879 now houses a modern winged designed by Renzo Piano. The art collections in the Institute span history and feature contemporary photography. If you are a fan of Monet, there is an entire room dedicated to fantastic impressionist art painted on canvases that have lasted over a century.
Also Read: CUSTOM ART FOR BUSINESSES AND SCHOOLS
People have strong emotions about art galleries. Those who have never even visited a gallery tend to think they are exclusive places where not everyone is welcome. No so. Art galleries are vivid places to go and learn about history, meditate, and boost your creativity. You may not think you are an artist, but you don’t have to be an art major to enjoy an art gallery. Visit a contemporary art museum and learn about art. Let the guides in the gallery guide you through amazing canvas prints that represent yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Contact Custom Canvas Prints for your personalized canvas today. We also offer a simple Create A Canvas editing tool on our site that walks you through the print ordering process.